- 2 pounds stewing beef trimmed and cubed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cups beef broth
- ½ cup red wine optional
- 1 pound potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 sprig of fresh
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup peas
Combine flour, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
Toss beef in flour mixture.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot.
Cook the beef and onions until browned.
Add beef broth and red wine while scraping up any brown bits in the pan.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except for peas, cornstarch, and water.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with Teeo’s Silicone Lid, and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender (up to 90 minutes).
Mix equal parts of cornstarch and water to create a slurry.
Slowly add the slurry to the boiling stew to reach desired consistency (you may not need all of the slurries).
Stir in peas and simmer 5-10 minutes before serving.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- The Best Laundry Basket & Organizer: Find the best hamper for you! - February 2, 2023
- Cooking With Silicone: Is Silicone Cookware And Bakeware Safe For Use? - August 23, 2021
- Spicy Shrimp and Sausage over Grits - June 24, 2021